DUBLIN, June 29, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — The “qPCR and dPCR Instrumentation – Global Market Trajectory & Analytics” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com‘s offering.
Global qPCR and dPCR Instrumentation Market to Reach $9.2 Billion by 2026
Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for qPCR and dPCR Instrumentation estimated at US$5.2 Billion in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$9.2 Billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 9.8% over the analysis period. qPCR, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is projected to grow at a 9.3% CAGR to reach US$8.4 Billion by the end of the analysis period.
After a thorough analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and its induced economic crisis, growth in the dPCR segment is readjusted to a revised 13% CAGR for the next 7-year period. This segment currently accounts for a 12.5% share of the global qPCR and dPCR Instrumentation market.
Real-Time PCR also referred to as Quantitative PCR (qPCR) analysis, is a modification of the traditional PCR technique. In traditional Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR), the amplified DNA product or amplicon is detected in an end-point analysis by visualization of the DNA product on an agarose gel subsequent to completion of the reaction, which comprises a specified number of amplification cycles.
In real-time PCR, however, the accumulation of amplification product is evaluated simultaneously with the progress of the reaction. Product quantification is carried out in real time, after every cycle. Digital PCR (dPCR) is an improvement of traditional PCR methods and is utilized to directly quantify as well as clonally amplify nucleic acids such as DNA, RNA, cDNA or methylated DNA.
However, digital PCR is at an early stage. The main difference between conventional PCR and dPCR lies in the method used to measure amounts of nucleic acids. Sensitivity of dPCR is high in comparison to qPCR, hence, the technology is particularly used in applications wherein there is a low amount of target sequence. For instance, mutation genes that are found on a very low scale in rare diseases, and HIV DNA that are present in 1,000-10,000 in number within the cell of a patient can be easily detected through the technology.
The U.S. Market is Estimated at $1.9 Billion in 2021, While China is Forecast to Reach $742.3 Million by 2026
The qPCR and dPCR Instrumentation market in the U.S. is estimated at US$1.9 Billion in the year 2021. The country currently accounts for a 30.8% share in the global market.
China, the world second largest economy, is forecast to reach an estimated market size of US$742.3 Million in the year 2026 trailing a CAGR of 12.2% through the analysis period. Among the other noteworthy geographic markets are Japan and Canada, each forecast to grow at 8.1% and 8.6% respectively over the analysis period. Within Europe, Germany is forecast to grow at approximately 9.1% CAGR while Rest of European market (as defined in the study) will reach US$813.9 Million by the close of the analysis period.
While Europe is another large market for qPCR and dPCR instrumentation, growth worldwide is projected to be spearheaded by Asia-Pacific. In terms of concentration, a large number of leading companies are located in the US and Europe. However, increasing competition in the markets over the last few years has been driving various players to shift their attention to other promising regions including Latin America and Asia-Pacific.
In Asia-Pacific, growth is led by the increased use of qPCR in blood donor testing & screening and diagnosis of infectious diseases and tropical diseases such as Malaria. Increasing geriatric population and the resulting incidents of chronic medical conditions such as cancer coupled with broader application of PCR to study mutations and gene anomalies related to these diseases are driving adoption.
Falling cost of nucleic acid detection, quantification, and amplification techniques will additionally encourage adoption of qPCR and dPCR instrumentation in research and diagnosis, particularly in developing, resource poor countries. Asia-Pacific has been witnessing increasing focus of PCR solution suppliers to establish or expand their production and sales network in the region. In the recent years, various vendors have shifted their manufacturing units to the region for enjoying cost benefits and accessing domestic markets, which in turn is increasing awareness of the technology in the region, contributing to growth in the market.
Key Topics Covered:
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR): An Integral Part of Gene Amplification & Quantification
- Impact of Covid-19 and a Looming Global Recession
- 2020 Marked as a Year of Disruption & Transformation
- Impact of COVID-19 on Clinical Diagnostics Sector
- Emergence of PCR as a Preferred COVID-19 Detection Method
- Performance Analysis of COVID-19 Tests
- Molecular Tests (RT-PCR) Occupy a Predominant Share of the COVID-19 Testing Market
- Select Approved Covid-19 Molecular Assay Tests
- Recent PCR Based Tests
- Digital PCR Sparks Increasing Interest
- High-Speed NanoPCR Technology Developed for Point-of-Care Diagnosis of COVID-19
- CRISPR Emerges as Cutting-Edge Biotechnology in COVID-19 Diagnostic Market
- Demand for PCR Testing to Remain Buoyant in 2021
- Real-Time PCR and Digital PCR: Scope and Definition
- Real-Time PCR or Quantitative PCR (qPCR)
- qPCR Instrumentation
- Advantages of qPCR
- End-Use Applications of qPCR
- Digital PCR (dPCR)
- Working Principle
- Applications of dPCR
- Advantages of dPCR
- qPCR Remains the Mainstay Technology
- Digital PCR to Experience Strong Growth
- High Installation Cost Remains a Roadblock to Widespread Adoption of dPCR
- Developing Countries Drive Growth Opportunities
- Competitive Factors
- Accelerated Commercialization of Products
- Manufacturers Step-Up Online Exposure
- Targeted Expansion of Distribution Reach and Global Footprint
- Recent Market Activity
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- BioFire Diagnostics, Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Eppendorf AG
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Fluidigm Corporation
- Promega Corporation
- QIAGEN N.V.
- RainDance Technologies, Inc.
- Takara Bio, Inc.
- Thermo Fischer Scientific Inc.
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Striking the Right Balance between qPCR and dPCR in Research Laboratories
- qPCR: A Suitable Tool for Gene Expression and Validation
- Digital PCR Takes Quantification of Nucleic Acids to the Next Level
- dPCR: A Valuable Tool in Virology Research
- Increasing Incidence and Prevalence of Cancer: A Grim Reality Driving Demand for qPCR and dPCR
- dPCR for Analyzing Hematologic Malignancies
- dPCR for Liquid Biopsies
- Progress in Molecular Diagnostics Spur Demand for the Gene Amplification Technologies
- Prospects for Predictive Genetic Diagnostics and Testing Grow Brighter
- Rise in Infectious Diseases Drives Opportunities for Biochips
- Innovations in Instrumentation Expand Functionality and Drive Adoption
- Advancements in Probe Technology Enhance qPCR Sensitivity
- qPCR Market to Witness Increasing Affinity for Automated and Robotic Equipment
- Lab on Chip/Microfluidic Real-time-PCR
- Synoptic Review of Quantitative PCR Technical Advancements in the Recent Years
- ddPCR: The More Advanced Digital Approach to dPCR
- ddPCR Gains Traction in Cancer Diagnosis
- Monitoring Disease Progression in HIV Studies
- Analysis of Genetically Modified Organisms in Edible Products
- RT-ddPCR Techniques Applied for Quantitating RNA Viruses in Water Samples
- Technology Advancements Aid in Overcoming Barriers
- Alternate Technologies Pose Threat to Growth of PCR Market
- Next-Generation Sequencing to Emerge as Novel Technique in Fight with COVID-19
- Improving Healthcare Expenditure to Drive Demand for qPCR and dPCR-based Tests
- PCR in Forensic and Paternity Testing
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Total Companies Profiled: 74
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/535o1u
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
View original content:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-qpcr-and-dpcr-instrumentation-market-2021-2027—progress-in-molecular-diagnostics-spur-demand-for-the-gene-amplification-technologies-301322396.html
SOURCE Research and Markets